Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Behold Buckwheat!

How many foods do you eat in a day that contains white or wheat flour, especially pre-packaged? I switched to wheat flour some time ago and I strongly believe hands down it's the healthy choice over white flour, however try going a day without any white or wheat flour! Don't get confused I still have breads and crackers with sprouted grains and/or seeds, steel cut oats and occasionally wheat pita bread or pizza with homemade wheat crust. With that said I notice when I eat 1 serving or less of "flour" my body does not slooooow down to digest which means my energy level throughout the day is more constant as well as my digestion works well let's just say like clock work. Recently I discovered buckwheat and the amazing fact that it is actually a fruit seed that is related to rhubarb and sorrel making it a suitable substitute for grains. So I started with pancakes, they are soooo good but make you feel so horrible about 30 minutes later, however buckwheat pancakes eliminate the food coma typical pancakes cause. The recipe is almost ready for its debut so stay tuned and again pay attention to that sneaky downer - FLOUR!

No comments:

Post a Comment